British independent family run manufacturers Morgan Motor Company and Struthers London have collaborated on two bespoke limited edition wrist watches. Individually hand crafted by watchmakers Craig and Rebecca Struthers, these watches have been created to honour Morgan’s design ethics and company heritage.
Heavily inspired by the traditional trench style popular when the first Morgan cars hit the road back in 1910, SfM watches share the same “old meets new” instant classic appeal as the cars, benefiting in exactly the same way from the retrospect of 21st century design.
The leather cuff strap is another feature popular from the early days of the car. Originally designed for their easy changeability on fixed lug watches, they feature the added bonus of raising the watch slightly off the wrist giving extra clearance and allowing for a larger case diameter whilst increasing hand flexibility and comfort. This additional room allows gear change without the winding crown making contact with the back of the hand.
• Case – 38mm diameter. Strictly limited production of 50 pieces in silver and 5 in 18ct rose gold, each hand finished uniquely numbered.
• Strap – handmade by Shrewsbury-based leatherworker Christopher Clarke in a choice of standard black or tan calf Italian leather available with the Field watch. Officer’s watch offered on chocolate English oak bark pit tanned hide with hundreds more possibilities available for bespoke production.
• Movement - original recommissioned manual-wind 1950s Swiss ébauche which has been modified and refined and finished in-house by the Struthers’ comes as standard. A wide range of alternative movements are available as bespoke options ranging from antique nineteenth century English to high-grade vintage Swiss.
• Engraving and joint making – completed by hand by London-based master goldsmiths.
• Box – individually hand-made by acclaimed Cotswold furniture designer Howard Butler
from the same ash and walnut used to build the Morgan chassis and dash and lined with Muirhead zero-carbon leather.
OFFICERS WATCH - £13,666.67 + VAT
FIELD WATCH - £9000.00 + VAT
Your Struthers for Morgan watch is warranted by Struthers London for a period of 3 years from date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The international Struthers London warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased Struthers London watch. The warranty is only valid if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an authorised Morgan Motor Company dealer.
During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge.
This manufacturer‘s warranty does not cover:
• Normal wear and tear and aging, for example scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of leather.
• Any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal or heavy handed use, lack of care negligence, accidental damage i.e. knocks, dents, broken crystal, water damage etc.; incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by Struthers London.
• Loss or theft in any circumstance.
• The Struthers London watch if it has been handled by non-authorised persons.
Any further claim against Struthers London for damages additional to the above described warranty is expressly excluded, except mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the manufacturer.
The above manufacturer's warranty:
• Is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which (s)he carries sole responsibility.
• Does not affect the purchaser's rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the seller.
Struthers London customer service ensures the perfect maintenance of your Struthers for Morgan watch. If your watch needs attention, rely on an official Morgan Motor Company dealer or the authorised Struthers London service listed mentioned in this certificate.
Struthers London and Morgan Motor Company are registered trademarks.